CENTERPOINT COMMUNITY CHURCH MEMBERSHIP COVENANT
Having, by God’s Grace, received Christ as my Lord and Savior and having been baptized, and being in agreement with the Centerpoint Community Church Statement of Faith, leadership structure, ministry strategies and pattern for church life, I now unite with and enter into covenant before God with this congregation of believers.
The Elements of our Covenant are:
- I WILL PROTECT THE UNITY OF MY CHURCH BY:
- Living out the “one another’s” of scripture and acting in love towards other members
“Seeing you have purified your souls on obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that you love one another with a pure heart fervently.” (1 Peter 1:22)
- Refusing to gossip or cause dissention
“Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.” (Ephesians 4:29)
- Following the leaders, submitting to the spiritual leadership of the Pastor(s) in action and heart attitude.
“Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourself: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.” (Hebrews 13:17)
- Living a Godly life
“Only let our conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel.” (Philippians 2:27)
- I WILL SHOW PASSION FOR MY CHURCH BY:
- Praying for her regularly
To the church: “We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers.” (1 Thessalonians 1:2)
- Attending faithfully
“And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting on another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Inviting the un-churched to attend
“Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” (Luke 14:23)
- Warmly welcoming those who visit, practice hospitality
“Practice hospitality towards one another without grumbling.” (1 Peter 4:9)
- Become a discipler of others, sharing the gospel with those God puts in my life path
“Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:20)
- Study the Word of God
“And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine…” (Acts 2:42)
- I WILL SERVE THE MINISTRY OF MY CHURCH BY:
- Discovering my gifts and talents and using them in service
“As every man received a gift, even so minister the same one to another.” (1 Peter 4:10)
- Being ready to serve
“And he gave some…pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the building up of the body of Christ.” (Ephesians 4:11-12)
- Developing a servant’s heart
“Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus… [Who} took upon him the form of a servant.” (Philippians 2:4, 5, 7)
- Staying connected to our spiritual community
“And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of mind.” (Acts 2:46)
- Bearing the burdens of others
“Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the Law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
- Giving sacrificially and joyfully
“But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart; so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
Additionally, I covenant that:
If I move away, I will seek to be united with a faithful, bible believing church and will seek at that time official dismissal from my covenant with the congregation at Centerpoint Community Church.
- If I know I am struggling to fulfill this covenant, I vow before God that I will in a straightforward way seek counsel with a pastor of the church.
- In accordance with Matthew 5:24, if I am hurt by a fellow believer or pastor, I will go to them to resolve the issue. I will not let bitterness and unforgiveness overtake me.
- In accordance with Matthew 18:15-18, if I fail in fulfilling this covenant, I understand that the Pastor(s) and the congregation will pursue me in love for the purpose of holding me accountable to my vow for the good of my soul.
Before God and before men, I now covenant.