The vision of Centerpoint Community Church is that we all grow to love God and people with head, heart and hands, like Jesus.
With all our heart, soul, mind and strength, we want to see people move from just being curious about Jesus, to being convinced; from being convinced to being committed; and from committed to consumed by Jesus.
Together we are growing up to love God and people: to be like Jesus in the way we think and the things we believe, in our character and the way we live, and in how we serve other believers, the community, and the world.
Recognizing that we are under the authority of Jesus Christ as our Head and the Bible as absolute truth, and that we depend on the power of the Holy Spirit, these core values define and drive what we do in the mission God has given us.
- We believe our primary purpose in life is to worship and glorify God. (1 Cor 10:31; Col 3:17; Heb 13:15; Matt 6:33)
- We believe excellence honors God and inspires people. (Col 3:23-24)
- We believe corporate worship is participative and directed to God with passion.(Psalm 100)
- We believe individual worship is a continuous process producing trust and obedience in every area of a believer’s life. (Rom 12:1-2)
- We believe our mission in life is to seek the lost and to help them know and follow Jesus Christ. (Matt 28:18-20; Luke 19:10; 2 Cor 5:20)
- We believe all people matter to God and therefore matter to us. (Luke 15)
- We believe our mission begins where we are and includes the world. (2 Cor 2:14)
- We believe in being culturally relevant while remaining true to the Bible. (1 Cor 9:19-23)
- We believe full devotion to Christ and His mission is the necessary pursuit of every believer. (Luke 14:25-35; John 17:18; 1 Tim 6:12)
- We believe practical teaching of the entire Word of God is the catalyst for transforming lives. (2 Tim 3:16-17)
- We believe a life of dependent prayer is critical to a life of faith. (Luke 18:1-8)
- We believe every follower of Jesus is obligated to invest in the spiritual growth of others. (Eph 4:16)
- We believe serving God is done by serving others. (Mark 12:29-31; 1 John 4:21; Gal 5:13-14)
- We believe in working together as a unified community of servants. (Eph 4:3-7)
- We believe in developing and using all our spiritual gifts and resources for others in the church and in the community. (Rom 12:3-21)
- We believe in the intentional development of Christ-centered supportive communities. (Heb 10:19-25; Gal 6:1-3)
- We believe in caring relationships that penetrate every aspect of church life. (Rom 12:10)
- We believe in ministering to needs and hurts in an atmosphere of grace. (Acts 4:33-34)